Wednesday 27 August 2014

Walk by Faith

I mentioned two blogs ago that I would try to enlarge on one or two things from our holiday period within my Sabbatical.

We spent a few days in Blackpool, where my son Lisle and I enjoyed the Pepsi Max (The Big One) in Pleasure Beach.  If you are unsure as to what the Pepsi Max is, it is not the drink but one of the tallest, fastest roller coasters in Europe.  The obvious parallel there is that life is sometimes a roller coaster.  No-one saw that coming did they!!!!! True nonetheless.  Life has its ups and downs, is sometimes exhilarating and sometimes very scary.  I reckon Jesus is wiling to ride with us though and so he is always around to share the good times and the hard times.  If you haven’t let him in on your roller coaster ride then I suggest you do so now.  He is so great to have around.  He makes life’s ride so worthwhile.

Looking down to the ground from Blackpool Tower
We also went to Blackpool Tower where we enjoyed the circus and the Ballroom (more about that in the next post) and travelled to the top of the Tower where, even on a gloomy day, the views are fantastic.  Before the Tower was revamped at the top there used to be something called the Walk of Faith.  They have slightly updated that now and although the experience is the same I am not sure they call it by the same name anymore.  Maybe faith is out nowadays in these politically correct days.

What is this experience?  Quite simply one is able to walk across glass and look straight down to the street.  See the photo.  It is perfectly safe and yet it can be difficult to make oneself walk across the glass.  There can be a real sense of nervousness.  Will the glass hold?

Well yes it will, but it serves as a good illustration of the nature of faith.  The only way to test it is to step out.

That my friends is how it is with Jesus.  I can’t argue you into knowing Jesus.  I can’t make you believe.  What I can do is invite you to step out and to put
your faith in Jesus.

You will find that he will not let you fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment